[Tutorial + Template] Hexagon Gift Box
The holiday season is quickly approaching and what better way to start this season than a gift box craft! This template pack offers a hexagon gift box with 3 height variations. The box has a base that measures 5-5/16” (13.5 cm) from point to point and 4-9/16” (11.6 cm) from edge to edge. The 3 height variations come in 2” (5.1 cm), 4” (10.2 cm), and 6” (15.3 cm). The lid measures 5-3/8” (14.3 cm) from point to point and 4-21/32” (11.8 cm) from edge to edge.
- Hexagon Gift Box Template
- Score tool
Cut all pieces on the solid lines and score all pieces on the dashed lines.
1. Fold on dashed lines on Piece B1 and B2
2. Lid sides are going to be glued onto Lid Piece A1. The tabs along the long edge of Piece B1 and B2 will be glued onto the edge of Piece A1. Piece B1 and B2 are glued together along the short edge.
3. Lid Piece A2 is glued on top of Piece A1, sandwiching the glued tabs from Piece B1 and B2.
4. Glue on the Lid Overlay pieces, Top goes on A2 and the Sides along the outside of Piece B1 and B2.
Choose your desired box height to assemble onto the Base Piece C1 and C2
1. Fold on dashed lines on Base Side Piece D1 and D2.
2. Base sides are glued onto Base Piece C1. The tabs along the long edge of Piece D1 and D2 are glued onto the edge of Piece C1. Piece D1 and D2 are glued together along the short edge.
3. Base Piece C2 is glued on top of Piece C1, sandwiching the glued tabs from D1 and D2.
4. Glue on the Base Overlay Pieces onto the Base Side Pieces D1 and D2.