[Tutorial + Template] Explosion Box + Lid
This is a quick tutorial on how to make a 4x4x4" explosion box from sheets of 8.5x11" cardstock. There is no template for this tutorial so I've included the measurements in this post for the pieces that you will need.
- Score tool
1) Begin with pieces of cardstock cut to:
- 4 - 5x8 1/2" (Panels)
- 1 - 4x4" (Base)
- 1 - 7 1/8x7 1/8" (Lid)
2) Score panel pieces at 4" along 5" side and at 4 and 8" along 8.5" side
3) Fold along score lines and cut along the black lines shown above
4) Add glue to the marked tabs and fold the tabs in and over to create a pocket. Repeat for the other 3 panels
5) Add glue to the bottom tab and glue each panel to each side of the Base piece
6) Score the lid piece at 1 1/2 and 5 5/8", rotate and repeat
7) Cut the glue tabs as shown above
8) Add glue to the glue tabs and fold the lid together
9) Optional, decorate the panels with patterned paper cut to 3 3/4x 3 3/4"